About Keratin October 22 2014
Keratin is one of the most durable proteins in nature and the main ingredient in the outer layer of hair. When applied to hair via products or a longer-lasting treatment, keratin smoothes, straightens and eliminates frizz.
Your hair type will determine which keratin formula and concentration will deliver the desired sleekness. For example: anyone after frizzles locks can benefit from products that contain keratin but the keratin treatments are best left to coarse and curly hair types.
- Shine. Softness. Smooth, frizz-free strands that are unfazed by humidity.
- Moisture and damage repair.
- Dramatically decreased drying and styling time.
- Sealed color.
- No grow out. With regular shampooing, hair slowly returns to its pretreatment state.
- Wash hair less frequently to maintain the look longer. For maximum longevity, use a shampoo that doesn't contain Sodium Chloride. A product with UV protection is important too.
- Exposure to chlorine, salt water or excessive sun exposure will shorten the lifespan of the treatment.
- Hair can be cut immediately after the treatment.
- Hair can be colored before or two weeks afterward. (Coloring hair prior to the treatment seals in the color, helping to prevent fading.)